Our Client has a vacancy for a Junior Lawyer.
As a Junior Lawyer your Responsibilities will inckude the following;
- to provide advice, legal and business expertise to Clients as and when required or requested to do so by the Firm or by a Client;
- to share knowledge and experience, particularly in, but not limited to, the area of company law, financial services law, gaming law, intellectual property and commercial law generally for the benefit of the Firm’s business;
- to draft, review and negotiate commercial contracts;
- to assist in regulatory procedures with various authorities;
- to register intellectual property;
- to act for the Firm and/or its clients before competent authorities, in contentious proceedings, whether before local courts, local or overseas arbitral bodies and the courts of the European Union;
- to develop the Firm’s expertise, exposure and reputation in various areas of law;
- to serve Clients’ interests at all times to the very best of her ability in line with the Firm’s high standards of practice;
- to generally assist with the Firm’s business development and growth of its legal practice.
Education & Skills
The successful candidate will;
- be a fully qualified lawyer, warranted to practise under Maltese law;
- have a minimum of 1-2 years post-qualification experience in corporate and commercial law as well as some litigation experience;
- possess strong written and verbal communication skills;
- be able to work on own initiative and in possession of excellent interpersonal skills;
- be analytical with a sharp eye for detail, with the ability to work in a very fast-paced work environment;
- be a real team player, with a positive can-do attitude.
Our Client is a leading law firm with a business focus and expertise in gaming, technology, tax, and corporate finance.