Our client an international insurance company is currently on the lookout for an Insurance lawyer to join their team
- Offer comprehensive advice on motor insurance topics encompassing product conditions, distribution strategies, and claims management at a pan-European scope.
- Review, and give feedback on cooperation agreements and Group Policies (GAP and CPI insurance).
- Negotiate and draft various types of agreements, ensuring they align with the company's legal standards.
- Maintain an organized contract database and ensure timely updates.
- Monitor and ensure alignment with insurance and distribution regulations, adapting products and processes accordingly.
- Produce monthly regulatory watch reports focusing on EU markets and a quarterly legal newsletter detailing recent regulatory updates in Europe.
- Provide counsel on adherence to insurance laws, regulations, and industry best practices.
- Assist in regulatory submissions, liaising with relevant regulatory bodies as needed.
- Support various departments in their internal initiatives, ensuring they meet legal standards.
- Assist the Head of Legal in diverse tasks.
- Draft clear and concise legal memos and minutes, ensuring they are readily accessible to relevant stakeholders.
- Keep in regular contact with external legal counsel, ensuring a streamlined flow of information and advice.
- Continually research and analyze legal subjects pertinent to the company, offering insights and updates on emerging insurance laws, trends, and notable case law.
- Modifying general terms and conditions, other client documentation and group policies.
- Support the registration process of the insurance intermediaries at a pan-European scope.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role within the insurance industry
- Fluency in both written and spoken English, Spanish and Italian would be considered as an asset
Education & Experience
Qualified lawyer within EU
- Hybrid working environment
- Life Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Work from home allowance
Job Reference: UA875
Legal Jobs in Malta consist of individuals engaged in the practice of law who provide expert advice to private and commercial clients. Legal jobs within this sector include administration, civil law, commercial law, compliance, corporate intellectual property, employment law, family law, maritime & aviation, tax law and technology law roles.