Our Client is seeking to recruit a Head of Legal to join its team of professionals.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Providing advisory services and legal advice;
- Drafting of contracts, agreements and other legal documents;
- Reviewing internal policies ensuring they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements;
- Representing the firm in Court cases including the preparation, drafting and filing of related documentation;
- Leading and developing the members of the legal team;
- Providing compliance and regulatory assistance as may be required;
- Remaining updated with changes in legislation;
- Providing support on ad-hoc issues as necessary.
- A University Degree in Law;
- Warranted to practice under Maltese law;
- A minimum of 5 years experience leading a legal team ideally within the financial sector;
- Strong knowledge of Corporate Law;
- Experience in handling regulatory affairs;
- Experience or knowledge of the gaming sector would be considered an asset;
- Result-driven and service-driven individual;
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills; and
- Smart, motivated candidate and able to work under pressure.
Our client is a well-established corporate services provider and the world’s fifth largest network, assisting a highly diversified portfolio of clients.
Legal Jobs in Malta consist of individuals engaged in the practice of law who provide expert advice to private and commercial clients. Legal jobs within this sector include administration, civil law, commercial law, compliance, corporate intellectual property, employment law, family law, maritime & aviation, tax law and technology law roles.