One of our clients are currently looking to recruit a Corporate Legal Counsel. This role will form part of an international in house legal team and will be reporting to the Chief Legal Counsel.
- Handling all inter-company matters alongside the finance team, including intercompany loans, service level agreements and offsetting.
- Working on tax and accounting matters
- Monitoring of covenants under a range of agreements including a traded bond
- Working on debt / equity instruments for the company, ie overdraft facilities, share capital, merger and acquisition transactions.
- Legal housekeeping of various entities
- Company secretarial duties including arranging board and shareholder meetings
- Setting up new Maltese companies including VAT registration
- Handling any internal projects requiring legal expertise with respect to commercial law, insurance law and trademarks
Education and Experience:
- Fully qualified lawyer warranted under Maltese law.
- A minimum of three years post qualification experience within corporate law.
- Previous experience in a diverse international environment would be an asset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A high level of integrity and dependability
- A strong sense of urgency and results orientation
- Fluency in English and ideally Maltese
Legal Jobs in Malta consist of individuals engaged in the practice of law who provide expert advice to private and commercial clients. Legal jobs within this sector include administration, civil law, commercial law, compliance, corporate intellectual property, employment law, family law, maritime & aviation, tax law and technology law roles.