Our client, a well-known consulting and assurance services company is looking to recruit a Corporate Lawyer to join their growing team.
- Attending client meetings and assisting with the onboarding processes of new clients
- The collection and verification of due diligence in accordance with KYC procedures.
- Company incorporations, overseeing all regulatory aspects related to the company's business and assistance with ad-hoc corporate administration including mergers and acquisitions and share transfers
- Provision of consultancy on Maltese corporate law
- Drafting corporate documents such as M&As, resolutions, MFSA, and MGA forms
- Drafting, revising, negotiating, and concluding contractual agreements
- Assistance with obtaining licenses (gaming, financial, and investments)
- Preparation and submission of annual returns
- Assistance with ongoing clients’ compliance
- Liaison with relevant authorities including Malta Business Registry, MFSA, MGA, FIAU, IRD, Registry of Ships, etc
Skill-sets and Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years of corporate law experience
- Detailed understanding of Maltese company law and company services providers rules. Knowledge of gaming law and financial services law would be considered an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- IT literate,with experience of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management and other major software applications
- Ability to deal with a multi-cultural work environment and client base
- Keen to develop his/her experience through training, qualification and continuing professional development
- Strong interpersonal and organisational skills and ability to perform under pressure
- Must have a clean driving license and own a car.
Education & Experience
Law degree from the University of Malta (LL.D. or M. Adv)
Job Reference: LK986
Legal Jobs in Malta consist of individuals engaged in the practice of law who provide expert advice to private and commercial clients. Legal jobs within this sector include administration, civil law, commercial law, compliance, corporate intellectual property, employment law, family law, maritime & aviation, tax law and technology law roles.