Our client is offering a Systems Engineer job opportunity in Malta within a local IT services company offering software solutions.
Responsibilities will include:
- Install, configure and maintain Microsoft Windows-based servers and systems.
- Mainly responsible for Office365 solutions - setting up and maintaining.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of systems, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, and resource optimizations as required.
Education and Experience:
- In possession of B.Sc in IT or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Good knowledge of networking concepts, WAN / LAN configuration, security and network monitoring.
- Good knowledge of MS Windows Server and Windows operating systems.
- Hands-on experience with installation of IT hardware and software.
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewall technology, switching and routing.
- The ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- The ability to prioritise tasks in order to enhance efficiency whilst maintaining flexibility.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills.
- Encouraging and engaging in a collaborative work-ethic
About the Company:
The Systems Engineer position is within a Software Solutions company operating in Malta creating enterprise-grade software solutions to large corporate clients.
IT Jobs in Malta deal with computer science and solving problems related to software and hardware. Jobs in IT within this sector include Application Consultancy, Account Management, Business Analysis, Business Intelligence, Database Management, Data Warehousing, End-User Support, Game Development, Hardware & Networking, Graphic Design, Information Security, IT Audit, IT Architecture, Mediation, Mobile Development, Product Management, Project Management, Provisioning, Software Development, Statistics, Systems Administration, System Integration & Implementation Telecoms, Technical Support, Testing & QA, Web Development and Web/UI/UX Design jobs.