Our client is seeking to recruit a Systems Administrator for a job opportunity in Malta. The key responsibilities will include:
- Implementation, configuration, and maintenance of both physical and virtual servers.
- Assisting internal architects in the design, implementation and administration of databases.
- Providing ongoing first level support to internal systems’ infrastructure and troubleshooting and maintaining processes, servers, workstations, and network devices .
- Installation and maintenance of operating and other systems as required.
- Maintaining and supporting hardware setups and managing all IT assets and IT security procedures, policies and backups.
- Providing support and test disaster recovery and failover procedures.
Education & Experience:
- Advanced diploma in IT or similar relevant qualification.
- Minimum 2 years’ of experience working in a similar environment.
- Strong knowledge of Linux servers
- Knowledge of different operating systems and Virtualisation technologies
- Knowledge of databases (SQL/Oracle/PostgreSQL), backup software (Veeam, HPE DataProtector) and, ideally, Hadoop technology
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Meticulous and attentive to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take initiative and learn quickly.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good command of the English language.
The Systems Administrator vacancy in Malta is with one of the leading companies within the financial services, operating at international level.
IT Jobs in Malta deal with computer science and solving problems related to software and hardware. Jobs in IT within this sector include Application Consultancy, Account Management, Business Analysis, Business Intelligence, Database Management, Data Warehousing, End-User Support, Game Development, Hardware & Networking, Graphic Design, Information Security, IT Audit, IT Architecture, Mediation, Mobile Development, Product Management, Project Management, Provisioning, Software Development, Statistics, Systems Administration, System Integration & Implementation Telecoms, Technical Support, Testing & QA, Web Development and Web/UI/UX Design jobs.