Our client is offering a Network & Infrastructure Engineer position in Malta. Here you will be working closely with the DevOps using the latest technologies to design and maintain advanced infrastructure.
Responsibilities will include:
- Analysing, reviewing infrastructure uptime on a regular basis to guarantee availability according to Service Level Agreements
- Ability to design, develop and implement complex perimeter network designs to cater for scalability, high availability, and optimization of services across the same cloud or multiple cloud providers
- Ensure network devices backup/recovery plans and resiliency strategies are given utmost importance from a business continuity perspective
- Maintaining production environment confidentiality, integrity and stability
- Managing, implementing, troubleshooting and maintaining internal and external IT systems infrastructures
- Scripting to automate repetitive tasks
- Work with the DevOps Team and become more familiar with CI/CD methodologies
- Review and assess monitoring systems
- Guarantee a holistic security monitoring solutions to safeguard the system
- Contribute towards infrastructure network and security architecture planning
- Proactively liaise with Information Security Engineer to correct any anomalies found pre or post-audit
- Use your expertise to manage, streamline and improve cloud services mainly on Azure through new emerging technologies
- Always on call to provide support during critical/emergency events
Education & Experience:
- Holding a BSc. degree in IT or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Network Engineering
- Experience in MS Windows Server, Hosting, Hyper-V Virtualisation, and troubleshooting
- Strong experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Linux based environments
- Solid networking knowledge on OSI network layers, TCP/IP
- Basic Terraform scripting and deployment of infrastructure as code
- Certified in Azure Administrator Associate whilst Solutions Architect is considered an asset
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deliver technical jargon to non-technical team members
- Excellent analytical, technology strategy and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Eager to keep abreast with new technologies.
About the company:
The role of a Network and Infrastructure Engineer is within a well-established tech company servicing the iGaming industry in Malta.
IT Jobs in Malta deal with computer science and solving problems related to software and hardware. Jobs in IT within this sector include Application Consultancy, Account Management, Business Analysis, Business Intelligence, Database Management, Data Warehousing, End-User Support, Game Development, Hardware & Networking, Graphic Design, Information Security, IT Audit, IT Architecture, Mediation, Mobile Development, Product Management, Project Management, Provisioning, Software Development, Statistics, Systems Administration, System Integration & Implementation Telecoms, Technical Support, Testing & QA, Web Development and Web/UI/UX Design jobs.