Our client is looking to recruit for a Head of IT vacancy in Malta. The successful candidate will be taking over the infrastructure oversight of all technical operations and the key responsibilities would include:
- Determining the goals of the IT department and working towards reaching the company targets by providing the necessary technical leadership.
- Actively research, develop and implement technological solutions aimed at enhancing both customer experience and internal operations.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders and ensuring the improvement of business processes.
- Handling the sourcing, management of contractors, external suppliers and their subsequent evaluation in project delivery.
- Leading a team of IT professionals to support daily operations, ensuring that deadlines, budgets, and service levels are met and results delivered.
- Managing day to day operations of the IT infrastructure, ensuring that planning, end-user impact, change management, training, and quality management are properly addressed.
- Participate in general management functions, the recruitment and training of team members, and the handling of the company’s performance management process for the IT team.
Educations & Experience
- A Master’s degree in IT/Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of recent experience in a similar position
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX and SQL
- Working experience with ERP Systems, Oracle and Agile Methodology
- Previously involved in project management and IT strategic development
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment would be considered highly advantageous
- Be accurate and deliver quality, have a hands-on attitude.
- Excellent collaborative team player
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Work well under pressure and thrive in a demanding environment.
- Demonstrated pro-activity in capitalizing on opportunities and resolving issues
- Intellectually curious – prepared to challenge and be challenged
- Constantly strive to learn new technologies and look for ways to stay up to date in this rapidly changing industry
The role of Head of IT is with a well-established manufacturing company based in Malta.
IT Jobs in Malta deal with computer science and solving problems related to software and hardware. Jobs in IT within this sector include Application Consultancy, Account Management, Business Analysis, Business Intelligence, Database Management, Data Warehousing, End-User Support, Game Development, Hardware & Networking, Graphic Design, Information Security, IT Audit, IT Architecture, Mediation, Mobile Development, Product Management, Project Management, Provisioning, Software Development, Statistics, Systems Administration, System Integration & Implementation Telecoms, Technical Support, Testing & QA, Web Development and Web/UI/UX Design jobs.