Our client is looking to recruit for a Data Engineer vacancy in Malta. Working in a large dynamic company with technical professionals your key responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, evaluating and optimizing big data solutions and Data lake.
- Planning, design and maintenance of data warehouses
- Enhancing the data warehouse to accommodate new analytic requirements in view of changes in the business environment
- Ability to design, test and deploy solutions independently based on high-level architecture.
- Provide reports and analysis using business intelligence tools.
- Pro-actively improve data processes and identify and drive requirements for code review.
- Collaborate with other development and research teams and providing support within the department.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Hold a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar related field
- At least 3 years of experience working in a data environment and involved in application development and production support
- SQL Server knowledge and experience working with a variety of relational databases
- Knowledge on Data Lake, SSAS and Big Data tools such as Hadoop, Spark, Kafka will be seen as an Asset
- Experience developing and troubleshooting ETL processes
- Must have an analytical mindset
- Excellent attention to detail
- Have the ability to work independently and as a team player
- Be excellent at problem-solving
- Remain up-to-date with recent technological and software developments
About the company:
Our client is within the Technolgy industry focussing on Telecommunications based here in Malta
IT Jobs in Malta deal with computer science and solving problems related to software and hardware. Jobs in IT within this sector include Application Consultancy, Account Management, Business Analysis, Business Intelligence, Database Management, Data Warehousing, End-User Support, Game Development, Hardware & Networking, Graphic Design, Information Security, IT Audit, IT Architecture, Mediation, Mobile Development, Product Management, Project Management, Provisioning, Software Development, Statistics, Systems Administration, System Integration & Implementation Telecoms, Technical Support, Testing & QA, Web Development and Web/UI/UX Design jobs.