Our client a Group of Companies comprises a number of financial services companies based in Malta is seeking an Application Support Specialist to join their team.
- Responsible to manage and implement the technical components and configurations used to run the backend applications that enable daily business operations.
- The ideal candidate will be a technology savvy individual, with a background in programming, databases and financial services; a collaborative team player with infectious energy and a desire to communicate ideas respectfully to colleagues.
- Automation of business processes through any of the following common programming languages and frameworks (Java, Groovy, Python, C#)
- Maintains, configures and upgrades existing applications across the company
- Provide functional/ technical support and guidance for business users.
- Take projects through the full engineering lifecycle: designing, ticketing, building, testing, deploying and debugging tools and products
- Provide procedures, checklists and other documents for the 1st level support and other stakeholders
- Work with a tight-knit group of engineers and data stakeholders
- Communicate and share ideas with external development teams on internal projects
- Running and monitor weekly and monthly batches associated with diverse operational processes
Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years of experience as a software engineer in any of the following: Java, Groovy, Python, C#
- 1+ years’ experience working in an environment where CI/ CD tools are used
- Experience using Jira and Git
- Practical understanding of file structures and file permissions
- Strong talent for problem-solving—the ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller working parts, and trace the implications in a step-by-step methodical way.
Experience in the following skills and technologies is desirable:
- DevOps concepts understanding and hands-on experience
- General database knowledge in technology such as SQL Server/Oracle/PostgreSQL
- Experience working with 1st and 2nd line support structures
- Some experience in the financial/insurance sector
- Experience with REST API, XML files
- Understanding of software security and data protection practices
MQF Level 6 or higher in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering or a recognised appropriate comparable qualification
Candidates applying for this role must have an excellent level of English and be currently living in Malta
IT Jobs in Malta deal with computer science and solving problems related to software and hardware. Jobs in IT within this sector include Application Consultancy, Account Management, Business Analysis, Business Intelligence, Database Management, Data Warehousing, End-User Support, Game Development, Hardware & Networking, Graphic Design, Information Security, IT Audit, IT Architecture, Mediation, Mobile Development, Product Management, Project Management, Provisioning, Software Development, Statistics, Systems Administration, System Integration & Implementation Telecoms, Technical Support, Testing & QA, Web Development and Web/UI/UX Design jobs.