Our client, a growing and international aviation company based in Malta, is recruiting for a Payroll & HR officer to provide quality administrative and payroll support to the company. Reporting to the HR Manager, your duties will include;
- Maintaining employee records, ensuring the right information is inputted in the HR system during engagements, transfers, promotions, and terminations.
- Calculating payable hours (fixed and variables), reimbursements, commissions, bonuses, tax withholdings, and deductions.
- Managing electronic timekeeping systems, including records of vacation, sick, and other absences.
- Managing fringe benefits
- Reviewing expenses and reimbursements.
- Processing payroll payments, issuing payslips to employees, and managing payroll reports within the stipulated timeframes.
- Ensuring that all requirements and filings are sent to the authorities within the stipulated timeframes.
- Providing additional administration support to the HR team.
- Providing information and answering employee questions about payroll related matters.
- Assisting foreign workers in their work permit applications, including applications for social security and tax reference numbers.
- Providing assistance to foreign workers with their relocation matters.
- Liaising with external partners, such as health insurance company and life insurance company, to engage/terminate employees accordingly.
- Participating in various HR projects as required.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Experience of at least 2 years in a similar position, particularly handling payroll.
- Knowledge of Maltese employment law.
- High level of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of payroll software and strong numerical aptitude
- Meticulous, organized and attentive to detail
- Based in Malta
Education & Experience
Diploma in HR management / Payroll
- Health Insurance
- Lunch Allowance
Job Reference: PR791
Human Resources Jobs in Malta focus on the management of personnel within a company. Jobs in human resources within this sector include advisory, compensation, HR generalist, industrial relations, payroll, performance management, recruitment & selection and training & development roles.