Our client, a leading retailer within the Home Finishings Industry, is currently recruiting for an HR & Payroll Executive to join their team to take ownership of the company's HR Function.
- Take ownership of the entire employee recruitment process, including creating effective job adverts, liaising with recruitment agencies and in-house marketing section, shortlisting, interviewing, and recruiting potential candidates.
- Prepare various HR related documentation, liaise with employment institutions, maintain employment files and payroll information and ensure that accurate data records are kept and that these comply with the relevant HR policies.
- Provide advice to employees and ensure compliance with Company Policies & Procedures.
- Assist Management with the performance management process and support the personal and professional development of employees at all levels.
- Effectively coordinate and perform the payroll function, including processing, preparing and submitting changes in the payroll (ex. new starters, leavers, salary increases, statutory maternity pay, bonuses, commissions, timesheets, tax and social contributions).
- Ensure that payments made are in line with legal requirements (ie. according to employment & IRD regulations).
- Compile HR and Payroll related reports and other statistical reports for review and analysis by Management.
- Come up with creative HR Initiatives to motivate and further enhance employees & their well- being.
- Carry out any other duties within the HR function as directed by Management.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Previous experience in an HR Position is a must, including experience/familiarity with payroll software
- Sound knowledge of Maltese Employment Law
- Ability to manage multiple HR related activities in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Fluency in Written and Spoken English and Maltese is a must
- Be able to work under minimum supervision as well as a fast learner who can keep calm under pressure.
- Attentive to detail, with good communication, interpersonal and organisational skills.
Education & Experience
Tertiary level of education in a related field
Job Reference: TF526
Human Resources Jobs in Malta focus on the management of personnel within a company. Jobs in human resources within this sector include advisory, compensation, HR generalist, industrial relations, payroll, performance management, recruitment & selection and training & development roles.