A Head of HR position has become available in the financial services sector. Our client is seeking to expand their business operations in the coming years and is looking for an HR professional to form part of the senior management team and act as an integral contributor to the organisation’s vision and growth by leading the HR strategy.
This role calls for a dynamic individual with an innate ability to interact naturally with people, building strong collaborative relationships with employees and peers alike, in order to position her/himself as a person of trust, coach and mentor. The individual will be entrusted to work closely with respective heads of department in order to support them in managing their teams, to source, nurture and retain talent, create progression and succession plans, identify learning and development gaps, manage reward and recognition incentives, run performance appraisal programmes and handle disciplinary measures.
Our client is looking for a person with a very solid and proven HR background who is able to advise on HR best practice, create competitive and breakthrough strategies and maintain a talent pipeline to align with the organisation’s growth plans.
Other duties include:
- Championing the institution’s brand values programme by ensuring that the whole staff complement are aligned with these values and articulating them as measurable actions and behaviours
- Continuously reviewing existing HR policies and procedures to ensure alignment with best practice;
- Leading all recruitment, employee engagement and retention incentives
- Executing performance reviews while creating processes to provide feedback, accountability, and documentation for performance outcomes
- Conducting training analyses and coordinating training programmes
- Managing and mentoring the HR Executive forming part of the HR team
- Liaising with payroll service providers and employees on matters related
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Be capable of operating at a strategic level but with a strength in operational delivery
- Make sound decisions based on relevant criteria and awareness of potential impacts
- Understand the value of the role within the wider organisation, as well as how it interconnects with other functions’ needs and requirements
- Anticipate future consequences and trends accurately based on broad knowledge and perspective
- Manage to build strong collaborative working relationships across all levels to establish trust and credibility
- Exceed goals successfully , continuously driving self and others towards results
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach to work with the flexibility to adjust in a continuously evolving environment
Education & Experience
- A tertiary level of education at Master’s level is essential for this role
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar HR management position
- Excellent knowledge of Maltese employment law
Job Reference: PA329
Human Resources Jobs in Malta focus on the management of personnel within a company. Jobs in human resources within this sector include advisory, compensation, HR generalist, industrial relations, payroll, performance management, recruitment & selection and training & development roles.