Our client, operating in the Food & Beverage industry, is looking for Junior / Sous Chefs to join their growing teams. Reporting to the Head Chef, responsibilities will include:
- Be fully aware of all menu items, their recipes, methods of cooking, and presentation standards, and ensure that all members of the Kitchen team are all following these standards.
- Assists the Head Chef in the creation of periodic new menus as well as any promotional or special menus.
- Assists the Head Chef in the preparation of recipes and methods, as well as costing of all new menus.
- Have good knowledge of all standard procedures and policies pertaining to food preparation, receiving, storage, and sanitation.
- Perform daily orders as requested by the Head Chef and carry out the required stock rotation.
- Prepare hot and cold dishes as per menu.
- Prepare any other food to order as requested by the guests due to eating habits or dietary requirements. Ensures that all Kitchen staff are aware of various dietary requirements and food allergies.
- Seek own solutions to obstacles that may arise from time to time, and keep the Head Chef informed.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Effective delegation of daily kitchen duties to all members of the kitchen team.
- Assigns daily tasks to staff in accordance to their particular strengths and abilities.
- Ensures that cross training is carried out during slower months to have a more cost effective operation during these low volume periods.
- Ability to produce own work in accordance with deadlines and to assist and encourage junior members in achieving this aim.
- Ensure full cooperation and communication with all other members of the Kitchen Team, as well as the Service team.
- Ensure strong communication with the Head chef.
- Ensures that harmony exists between kitchen and service staff.
- Promotes team work and collaboration between Restaurants through his/her words and actions.
- Assume the responsibilities of junior kitchen positions, if and when the need arises.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Food Handlers License is a must
- Communication and leadership skills
- Based in Malta
- Excellent Level of English
Education & Experience
- Degree in Culinary science or related certificate is desirable
- Proven experience in a similar capacity
Job Reference: DT101
Hospitality Jobs & Leisure Jobs in Malta relate to jobs which focus on providing a service to guests in accommodation and entertainment areas. Jobs in hospitality & leisure include housekeeping, tour guides, food and beverage preparation, food and beverage serving, kitchen help, host family, attendants, hosts, reservations, aviation, entertainment, and events roles.