As a Head Chef, you will implement and follow the culinary standards and oversee the daily operations of the kitchen. Your responsibilities will include:
- Executing daily food service, quality, technique, portion, presentation and food cost control
- Ensuring high standards of hygiene, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all the kitchen areas at all times
- Implementing and maintaining the Culinary Excellence Standards / Standard Operating Procedures
- Managing the day-to-day kitchen operations and culinary team; scheduling and coordinating the work of chefs, cooks, and other kitchen employees to ensure that food preparation is economical, technically correct and within budgeted labour cost goals
- Maintaining a positive and professional approach with co-workers and customers
- Reviewing and planning menus for all food outlets in the business whilst standardizing production recipes, in tandem with Sous Chefs to ensure consistent quality
- Training and managing kitchen personnel and supervise all culinary activities
Skill-sets and Requirements
Fluency in Maltese is needed.
Education & Experience
- Culinary Education is a must
- Possesses the ability to perform all functions in the culinary operation
- 2 years experience in a similar position is a must
Job Reference: VO729
Hospitality Jobs & Leisure Jobs in Malta relate to jobs which focus on providing a service to guests in accommodation and entertainment areas. Jobs in hospitality & leisure include housekeeping, tour guides, food and beverage preparation, food and beverage serving, kitchen help, host family, attendants, hosts, reservations, aviation, entertainment, and events roles.