Our Client is looking for an Assistant Finance Manager to join their Finance Team.
- To assist the Finance Manager in the running of the Finance Department;
- To assist in the supervision and direction of the Finance department and take over the department in the Finance Manager’s absence;
- To prepare financial reports and other reports and analysis as required;
- To maintain general ledgers, including preparing journal entries, coding of invoices, accounts analysis and reconciliations;
- To reconcile monthly bank statements, verify all cash and bank deposits, handle discrepancies and problems;
- To oversee the accounts receivable collection and accounts payable payments, ensuring that income and expenditure are charged to appropriate accounts;
- To assists the Finance Manager in the preparation of the company’s annual budget;
- To prepare Government returns and tax returns;
- To assist auditors at year end including the preparation of schedules and supporting reports;
- To train and appraise the performance of subordinates;
- To direct subordinates in meeting their objectives;
- To report activities undertaken;
- To perform any other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience:
- An A’ level pass in accounting or in the early/ mid stages of the ACCA qualification;
- Previous similar work experience;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software;
- Knowledge of Shireburn software will be considered an asset;
- A team player and a leader;
- Willing to learn and adapt in a fast-paced work environment.
This Assistant Finance Manager opportunity is with a company operating in the hospitality industry.
Hospitality Jobs & Leisure Jobs in Malta relate to jobs which focus on providing a service to guests in accommodation and entertainment areas. Jobs in hospitality & leisure include housekeeping, tour guides, food and beverage preparation, food and beverage serving, kitchen help, host family, attendants, hosts, reservations, aviation, entertainment, and events roles.