Our Client is an internationally renowned FinTech company, listed on the stock exchange is seeking to recruit an experienced Risk Manager, to join their international team.
The role holder will support the Business’s first and second lines of defense against financial crime, and help the Business remain within its risk appetite. Reporting to the local Managing Director, and the Head of Risk, the successful candidate will be responsible for the below-listed duties;
- Ensuring skill, care, and diligence are exercised in the oversight of any outsourcing arrangements, in compliance with the Outsourcing rules including ownership of the Inter-company SLAs.
- Ensuring all queries from banking counterparties are dealt with in a timely and accurate manner,
- Maintaining banking relationships and ensuring to strengthen the company’s position by diversifying the concentration risk of client finances.
- Ensuring accuracy, completeness, availability, and accessibility of data across the organization
- Designing and implementing the appropriate controls to ensure business continuity and disaster recovery plans are effective, including monitoring and testing.
- Monitor and manage alerts within the Business’s automated risk & fraud monitoring system.
- Escalate emerging risks to the Fraud Manager in a timely manner.
- Generate routine and ad hoc MI Reports and present to senior management.
- Be an advocate for a ‘Risk Awareness Culture’ across the Business.
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting to the regulators as per the relevant schedules.
- Drafting and maintaining Risk management policies and procedures
- Development of internal control processes and analysis
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Candidates would need to be eligible for a PQ with MFSA. Candidates who already hold a PQ will be given preference
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to accuracy and details
- Ability to make good decisions, handle conflicting priorities and meet stringent deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Fintech - Financial services or banking experience would be considered an asset
- A minimum five years experience within a similar role, ideally within a Fintech environment
Education & Experience
A tertiary level of education would be ideal but not a requirement
Job Reference: DI891