A reputable and renowned client of ours specialising in the retail sector is looking to onboard a Finance Manager to join their team. This person will be forming part of a driven finance team working hand in hand with other Finance Managers, reporting directly to the Head of Finance and CFO:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts including the necessary reconciliations, accruals and prepayments.
- Submission of VAT returns and assistance with relevant tax returns.
- Reviewing of fortnightly payroll calculations.
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Critically review, analyse, compare and interpret information in order to draw relevant conclusions and make decisions.
- Gaining a detailed understanding of all the operational and commercial aspects of the business and being able to interpret the financial results and relate them to management's expectations, identifying areas of concern and investigating exceptions at the source.
- Liaising with the Group’s internal and external auditors.
- Managing a team and determining the appropriate allocation of resources for the day-to-day tasks.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Experience in a similar role within the retail sector
- Must have excellent communication skills in both English and ideally in Maltese
- Strong leadership and analytical skills.
- Capable of leading a team.
Education & Experience
Masters in Accounting, ACA, ACCA or in the final stages of ACA or ACCA.
Job Reference: NL758
All Finance Jobs in Malta involve understanding and managing of finances for private clients and organisations. Jobs in finance include client audit, compliance, corporate administration, pensions, trusts, risk and wealth management jobs.