A Compliance Officer position in Malta is currently available with a highly reputable medium sized organisation in financial services that is looking to enhance and expand its compliance function.
- leading and assisting in the planning, preparation and management of compliance assessments in liaison with other supervisory authorities when appropriate
- participation in meetings
- reviewing, assessing and evaluating inspection reports, advising and reporting thereon
- contributing in advising and assisting interested persons to establish AML and CFT internal structures and controls
- organising AML training
- assisting in creating of procedures for all interested persons
- receiving and reviewing annual compliance reports
- liaising and co-operating with supervisory authorities in implementing and monitoring compliance procedures.
Experience & Qualifications
- have a University degree (minimum MQF Level 6) or equivalent in Banking and Finance, Financial Services or a related subject is a requirement
- experience in anti money laundering procedures is considered as an asset
- sound knowledge of the relevant EU Directives and related local legislation would also be considered as an asset
- be very strong with the use of Microsoft Excel
- Be conversant with both Maltese & English
- Have great communication skills
- Be assertive
- Be a good team player
- Have strong presentation skills
Job Ref: XW061
All Finance Jobs in Malta involve understanding and managing of finances for private clients and organisations. Jobs in finance include client audit, compliance, corporate administration, pensions, trusts, risk and wealth management jobs.