Our client, operating in the technical field, is looking for a Workshop Manager who will be responsible for the day-to-day repair and maintenance of the workshop, machinery and turbochargers that are received in their facilities in Malta and Italy.
- Organize and co-ordinate internally the workshop overhauls/repairs ensuring that components are received, evaluated and repaired according to maker instructions
- Managing the workshop list and updating status
- Attending regular planning meetings to include discussions on service/repairs in other locations and contribute to efficient planning.
- Liaise with service team for Updates on labour availability and priorities.
- Liaise with Parts department regarding incoming spares.
- Organizing overtime work as required with approvals of Service Director
- Managing and Carrying out balancing of rotor as required
- Ensuring that final components are presentable and signed off following completion of works according to ISO Procedures
- Consumable purchasing ensuring that workshop does not run out of stock and obtaining quotes for consumables locally where required
- Previous experience in a similar role is a must, knowledge of the marine industry is highly preferred
- Candidates having relevant engineering qualifications are preferred
- Working knowledge of ISO9001-2015 and RINA
- Knowledge of turbocharger principles, product ranges and repair techniques with the ability to produce reports would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills in English and understanding of Italian
This role involves traveling to Europe 4-6 times a year. Candidates must have the necessary documentation to travel to Europe.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate
Job Reference: ZK921
Engineering Jobs in Malta involve the production, preparation, alteration and repair of structures. Jobs in engineering include civil engineering, electrical engineering, environmental, general, maintenance engineering, mechanic, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, quality assurance, quality control, R&D, structural engineering, technical, technician and telecoms roles.