Our client, a building services company focusing on transport and infrastructure studies and projects is looking for an Urban Designer / Civil Engineer to join their growing team. Reporting to the Directors, your responsibilities will include:
- Assign work to Architect Assistants. Support Architects/Engineers and Architect Assistants in their project tasks and check the work prepared, where necessary.
- Research, program, plan, design, and administer projects for clients, applying knowledge of urban design/civil engineering, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning and building codes, and building materials and systems.
- Assist in the preparation of feasibility, planning, valuations and other documentation, as required, including contributing to the preparation of proposal submissions.
- Perform and/or direct material and building system research and participate in the co-ordination and preparation of project specifications.
- Provide technical input as required, prepare reports of a technical nature including transport assessments for submission to the appropriate authorities/clients and carry out follow-up actions.
- Conduct desktop and field research, prepare estimates of works and Bills of Quantities.
- Formulate work plans and recommend work prioritisation. Co-operate with and advise the client and the relevant contractors on technical matters and time frames.
- Assist site construction team and contractors by advising on urban design/civil engineering issues and responding to queries throughout the construction stage.
- Evaluate and certify the work undertaken and the correctness of the amount due and that the work complies with the relevant contract provisions.
- Any other work which may be required in the role of Urban Designer/Civil Engineer.
The nature of work may require occasional presence on weekends and holidays
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Warrant to practice as a Perit in Malta is desirable
- GIS/ Transport Modelling experience is desirable
- Able to attend site meetings/inspections and minute/report as required
- Will involve working outdoors and at height
Education & Experience
- Accredited and recognized degree in urban design/civil engineering
- Minimum 3 years post-warrant experience
- Proficiency in use of AutoCAD, Office Suite, SketchUp and Photoshop
- Strong working knowledge of local planning policies and building regulations
- Car Allowance
- Mobile Allowance
- Performance Bonus
Job Reference: NV722
Engineering Jobs in Malta involve the production, preparation, alteration and repair of structures. Jobs in engineering include civil engineering, electrical engineering, environmental, general, maintenance engineering, mechanic, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, quality assurance, quality control, R&D, structural engineering, technical, technician and telecoms roles.