As a Technician you will be reporting to the Maintenance Manager while being responsible to carry out technical work as required within the production area, support processes and facility operations. Main duties are as follows:
- Perform planned maintenance on any type of plant and machinery
- Perform overhaul tasks of electrical/electronic, mechanical and pneumatic nature
- Diagnose faults - making use of instructions manuals, circuit diagrams and test gear equipment
- Operate plant machinery to monitor their working condition, carryout inspections to identify level of repair/maintenance/overhaul required
- Establish methods of testing and inspection on plant, machinery and product output
- Important - Shift work (24hr roster)
- Support to employees who would like to obtain the MRA Electrician Licence A & B is given
Education and Experience
- Certified by MCAST (H&D or HTD) or the Technical Institute - MQF Level 4 / 5 qualification in Manufacturing or Engineering as a minimum.
- Experience in manufacturing is preferred
- Experience in Industrial Automation is considered an asset
- In possession of Licence A and/or B is seen as a plus
- IT Savvy
- Good level of English is a must and fluency in Maltese preferred
- Good at problem solving
- Team player
This Technician job is within an established company in Malta within the manufacturing industry.
Job Reference Code: EZ053
Engineering Jobs in Malta involve the production, preparation, alteration and repair of structures. Jobs in engineering include civil engineering, electrical engineering, environmental, general, maintenance engineering, mechanic, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, quality assurance, quality control, R&D, structural engineering, technical, technician and telecoms roles.