A new role for Senior R&D Engineer has arisen within a Global Manufacturer of healthcare products. Your duties here will include
- Performing standard engineering assignments which are typically a significant portion of a larger project. Selecting sound techniques to solve design problems and making design recommendations under direction of supervisor. Assessing results for application, validity and conformance to specifications. Recommending material and process specifications.
- Reviewing direct reports quality of work (where applicable)
- Utilizing engineering tools to solve straightforward problems (e.g., FMEA, Finite Element Analysis, Process Modelling, Design of Experiments, Mold Flow, SPC).
- Leading project teams and laboratory activities as needed to accomplish project objectives.
- Monitoring and reporting project costs including capital and cross-functional expenses. Estimating cost affected by design and/or policy changes. With supervisors, recommending capital expenditure for existing or enhanced products or operating processes.
- Studying and recommending techniques to improve existing products/processes.
- Investigating new sources for raw materials or processes.
- With supervisors, formulating and recommending engineering policies and technical work in accordance with project and business objectives.
- Coaching and mentoring direct reports (where applicable) to enhance their development within the R&D organisation.
- With supervisors, create/update development plans for direct reports (where applicable) in line with the R&D objectives.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- 2-3 years experience within a relevant role within manufacturing
- Excellent command of the English Language
- Effectively operate in and may facilitate cross-functional teams with guidance
- Solid understanding of Production Methodologies and Project Management tools / principles
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Engineering (Hons)
- Health Insurance
- Flexible working conditions
Job Reference: EW395
Engineering Jobs in Malta involve the production, preparation, alteration and repair of structures. Jobs in engineering include civil engineering, electrical engineering, environmental, general, maintenance engineering, mechanic, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, quality assurance, quality control, R&D, structural engineering, technical, technician and telecoms roles.