Our Client, a well-established international project management company in Malta, is looking for a Senior Cost Manager to join their growing team. Reporting directly to the Head of Cost Management Department, your responsibilities will diversify as follows:
- Maintaining clear and open lines of communication with all relevant stakeholders throughout the entire project, ensuring that everyone is informed and aligned.
- Overseeing and managing a team of professionals involved in cost management and ensuring they fulfill their responsibilities effectively.
- Creating detailed and accurate cost estimates and plans for the project, and these need to be delivered according to the project schedule.
- Presented cost estimations and plans to clients in a way that they can easily understand and make informed decisions.
- Identify what factors drive project costs and be able to identify cost-saving or value-adding opportunities for the client.
- Preparing and presenting various financial reports to the client at different project stages, such as before and after the contract is signed.
- Ensure accurate preparation of BOQ’s using standardized methods.
- Lead tendering and procuring, which involves managing the entire procurement process, from identifying potential contractors to awarding contracts and preparing all the necessary documents.
- Managing any changes in project scope or costs that occur after the contract is signed, including handling cost variances and change requests.
- Ensuring that all financial assessments and valuations are performed accurately and on time, whilst negotiating final costs with contractors and reaching an agreement on the project's financial aspects.
- Maintaining high-quality service delivery in all aspects of cost management; developing a deep understanding of the client's goals and needs, and nurturing a positive and productive working relationship.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in estimating, cost consulting, quantity surveyor in various projects, including residential, commercial, infrastructural, hospitality etc.
- Highly cognizant and abreast with all applicable standards, legislations and practices applicable to the construction industry in Malta.
- Able to work under pressure and work closely with others in a multidisciplinary environment
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal communication, and conflict resolution skills as well as attention to detail.
- Must hold a valid driving license.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, Building Science, Engineering, Construction Engineering and/or a recognized professional qualification in this field.
- Hold either a MRICS, or Cost Engineers Designation, or have other satisfactory/equivalent membership.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft programmes, AutoCad, and CostX or similar cost estimating software.
Job Reference: TD038
Engineering Jobs in Malta involve the production, preparation, alteration and repair of structures. Jobs in engineering include civil engineering, electrical engineering, environmental, general, maintenance engineering, mechanic, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, quality assurance, quality control, R&D, structural engineering, technical, technician and telecoms roles.