Our client, a multinational Electronics Group, active in the design, manufacture and marketing of electronic equipment targeted at the global markets, is seeking to recruit a Research and Development Engineer to join the specialised design team.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Research new technologies and solutions to be adopted in the development of new and existing products for mass production
- Develop product concept and architecture to evaluate technical and business feasibility.
- Design Hardware and Firmware for new products to satisfy defined commercial and functional requirements and in accordance with the set technical standards
- Verify and validate product prototypes to ensure that developed product meets the set targets
- Conduct reviews on design tools and test methods together with superiors to identify areas of improvement.
- Grow in expertise in assigned specialisation according to the R&D roadmap and company objectives
- Provide Technical Support on new products to Operations and Product Sales Support
Monday to Friday (Flexi Hour)
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Proficient in structured and modular programming in C language for embedded systems
- Visionary and creative thinker, who can adapt according to the results driving the target
- Team player, ready to contribute and find the right balance to reach the targets
- Expertise in drives hardware and firmware are considered a requirement
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English
Education & Experience
- Degree/Masters, in Electrical Engineering/Industrial Electronics Engineering
- Practical Experience in Motor control development/applications
Job Reference: QS271
Engineering Jobs in Malta involve the production, preparation, alteration and repair of structures. Jobs in engineering include civil engineering, electrical engineering, environmental, general, maintenance engineering, mechanic, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, quality assurance, quality control, R&D, structural engineering, technical, technician and telecoms roles.