Our Client, a well-established international project management company in Malta, is looking for a Quantity Surveyor - MEP Specialized to join their growing team. Reporting directly to the Head of Cost Management Department, your responsibilities will diversify as follows:
- Develop and manage project budgets, ensuring that financial resources are allocated appropriately for the successful completion of the project; provide accurate cost estimates for various project components, helping stakeholders make informed decisions; and create and maintain cost plans, which outline the expected expenditure throughout the project's lifecycle;
- Prepare detailed bills of quantities, which itemize the materials, labor, and equipment required for each aspect of the project;
- Evaluate contractor bids and proposals to ensure they align with project requirements and budget constraints; prepare tender documents, lead the tender selection process, and assist in the preparation of tender reports;
- Assist in the drafting of contracts, often following standard forms like FIDIC (International Federation of Consulting Engineers) contracts, to establish clear terms and conditions for the project, whilst overseeing contract administration, including monitoring progress, handling disputes, and ensuring all parties adhere to contractual obligation;
- Prepare, submit, and negotiate final project accounts, ensuring all financial matters are settled upon project completion, whilst developing and maintaining cost plans and cash flow forecasts to manage project finances effectively;
- Communicate with clients, providing advice on cost, commercial, and contractual matters, and forecast, monitor, and report on project costs to keep stakeholders informed and to manage financial risks;
- Procure materials, services, and subcontractor packages, while advising clients on procurement routes and cost considerations;
- Conduct site inspections at various project stages to ensure compliance with contracts, standards, health and safety regulations, and best practices.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years experience in quantity surveyors work in various projects, including residential, commercial, infrastructural, hospitality etc.
- Well-informed with all applicable standards, legislations and practices applicable to the construction industry in Malta.
- A motivated team player demonstrating an eager and positive work ethic.
- Attention to detail, influencing skills, assertiveness and the ability to understand and express technical concepts accurately with confidence and clarity.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Quantity Surveying or Construction Engineering with quantity surveying specialisation and/or a recognized professional qualification in this field.
- Proficiency in the use of AutoCad, and Microsoft Office. Proficiency in BIM and/or other related design systems would be considered an asset
- Hold a RICS certification or have other satisfactory/equivalent membership;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must hold a valid driving license.
Job Reference: PC683
Engineering Jobs in Malta involve the production, preparation, alteration and repair of structures. Jobs in engineering include civil engineering, electrical engineering, environmental, general, maintenance engineering, mechanic, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, quality assurance, quality control, R&D, structural engineering, technical, technician and telecoms roles.