In the job as a Quality Manager, you will form part of the management team and be heading the Quality Department. Your main job responsibilities will include:-
- Planning and coordinating organisational activities, establishing priorities and sequences to meet the designated quality goals and objectives
- Directing and managing employees in assigned activities, reviews and evaluates performance and participates in development and training to ensure continuous quality control and customer compliance
- Administer customer complaint investigation and resolution. Maintain the customer complaints database and carry out analysis to help prevent recurrences
- Manages projects related to quality improvement and supplier relations utilizing customer required formats using different techniques
- Creating, implementing and maintaining of policies, procedures and related documents to comply with customer and quality system requirements, including but not limited to directing internal audits, management, quality resources reviews, quality plans, corrective and preventative countermeasures
- Advising appropriate management of problems and progress in the area of responsibility and providing support for business proposal activity related to the area of responsibility
- Act as lead auditor/coordinator for internal audits, plus also as the primary link for external compliance audits
Education and Experience:
- A Degree level of education in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role within the manufacturing industry is a must
- Must possess and be able to apply a broad knowledge of Quality principles, practices and procedures with a good understanding of quality approaches
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 is a must and preferably of other standards like ISO14001
- Having knowledge of including Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, FMEAs, and Supplier Quality Assurance will be considered an asset
- Excellent communicator, proactive and target driven.
- Proficiency in English language is a must.
- Hold excellent organisational and people management skills ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Possess the ability to motivate and lead a team to achieve results.
Our client is an established multinational, manufacturing company.
Job Reference Code: PH856
Engineering Jobs in Malta involve the production, preparation, alteration and repair of structures. Jobs in engineering include civil engineering, electrical engineering, environmental, general, maintenance engineering, mechanic, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, quality assurance, quality control, R&D, structural engineering, technical, technician and telecoms roles.