Our client, an international shipping company based in Malta is looking to employ a Mechanical Technician to join their growing team. Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Implementing the scheduled maintenance and preventive maintenance plan for all cargo handling equipment at the port.
- Conducting mechanical repair tasks on cargo handling equipment like reach stackers and tug masters, following company protocols.
- Diagnosing and resolving daily technical issues as they arise.
- Ensuring strict adherence to Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guidelines and safety protocols.
- Proficient in working at elevated heights and interpreting technical drawings.
- Undertaking in-house repair work, including but not limited to fixing steel gates, containers, bollards, and ship's railings.
Monday to Friday: 6:45am - 15:15pm OR 7:45am - 16:15pm
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Demonstrate good written and verbal English communication skills.
- Knowledge of safety regulations, environmental laws, and industry standards.
- Strong organisational, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Previous port experience or with heavy machinery
Education & Experience
A Mechanical Bachelor's degree in or a related field.
Job Reference: GN460
Engineering Jobs in Malta involve the production, preparation, alteration and repair of structures. Jobs in engineering include civil engineering, electrical engineering, environmental, general, maintenance engineering, mechanic, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, quality assurance, quality control, R&D, structural engineering, technical, technician and telecoms roles.