Our client is looking for a Mechanical Engineer. your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that equipment is well maintained to prevent breakdowns, especially during critical operations
- Diagnosing and attending to malfunctions of equipment, including marine engines and other marine systems
- Identifying suppliers from around the world for spare parts and new installations
- Understanding exploded engine diagrams and schematics and identifying relevant issues or parts to be ordered
- Understanding and overseeing installation procedures
- Coordinating works with fitters, installers and mechanics
- Maintaining inventory of spare parts and equipment and ensuring adequate supply to reduce downtime
- Maintaining equipment documentation and ensuring that this is kept up to date.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Sound computer literacy, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- A team player with excellent written and verbal communication
- Fluent in both Maltese and English
- The ability to prioritize, work well under pressure and work on own initiative and without supervision.
Education & Experience
Candidates with experience in the marine sector will be given preference.
Job Reference: FX313
Engineering Jobs in Malta involve the production, preparation, alteration and repair of structures. Jobs in engineering include civil engineering, electrical engineering, environmental, general, maintenance engineering, mechanic, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, quality assurance, quality control, R&D, structural engineering, technical, technician and telecoms roles.