As a Junior Engineer you will join the company as an intern within the Manufacturing Department, thus having an opportunity to develop your skills and expand them in various areas within the business. The main focus will be about enhancing service quality and equipment reliability through workflow improvements and optimizing maintenance processes; using Continuous Improvement tools and practices you will actively engage in minimizing downtime and failure rates in order to maximize equipment productivity.
Main responsibilities are related to equipment efficiency, leadership and people development as well as quality:
- Execute and participate in the Yearly/Quarterly/Monthly/Weekly/Daily Preventive Maintenance plans
- Gain Equipment knowledge by carrying out routine scheduled maintenance work and responding to equipment faults whilst dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and critical repairs
- Learn how to resolve process problems through individual and team-based continuous improvement activities and structured problem solving methods.
- Complying with and reinforcing safety, security and environmental policies.
- Be an active participant in the project development process.
- Implementing and commission new production equipment and processes, monitor modifications, upgrades, and troubleshoot existing processes.
- Actively participate in monitoring programs for data collection, critical equipment analysis and condition monitoring techniques
- Actively participate in continuous improvement projects based on data analysis.
- Ensure accurate and timely upkeep of all relevant documentation.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for meeting commitments of project scope, time, and budgDevelop leadership skills in order to coach and guide a team of technical staff
- Develop leadership through the implementation of focused improvement activities to improve KPIs
- Monitor and report overall plant performance and KPIs system for production and quality standards
- Participate in the planning and provision of technical training to operator.
- Familiarisation with GMP standards and ensure all safety standards are met
- Participation in the checks and calibration of instruments to make sure they are accurate whilst promoting standardisation of equipment.
- Familiarisation with GMP, ISO Standards, Safe Food Handling, HACCP practices and HSE guidelines.
Working hours: Day shift
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Experience within an FMCG environment is a must - one summer working experience or better
- Proficient with MS Office and engineering design software (AUTOCAD or similar)
- Good communication skills in both English and Maltese
- Action Oriented
- Organised and a good planner
- Driven and result oriented
- Analytical and a good problem solver
Education & Experience
University Undergraduate degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
Job Reference: ZL582
Engineering Jobs in Malta involve the production, preparation, alteration and repair of structures. Jobs in engineering include civil engineering, electrical engineering, environmental, general, maintenance engineering, mechanic, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, quality assurance, quality control, R&D, structural engineering, technical, technician and telecoms roles.