Our client, an international shipping company based in Malta is looking to employ an Engineer / Engineering Manager to join their growing team. Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Maintain costs within the engineering budget
- Administer the technical activities of the engineering department
- Assist the Senior Engineering Manager to ensure a smooth operation in the department
- Troubleshoot the daily technical issues
- Conduct assessment of any issues raised
- Writing reports of incidents, damages and on going works whilst escalating to senior management
- Assigning tasks to relevant personnel
- Maintaining a high safety standard towards workers and port equipment
- Prepare daily engineering and monthly Portek reports
- Other duties that may arise from time to time as required within the engineering department
- Recommend and maintain adequate stock levels in stores
Monday to Friday: 6:45am - 15:15pm OR 7:45am - 16:15pm
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Ability to work under pressure and make critical decisions.
- Knowledge of safety regulations, environmental laws, and industry standards.
- Strong organisational, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Proficiency in computer software used for maintenance and inventory management.
- Demonstrate good written and verbal English communication skills.
- Able to interact with multi-functional project team members
- Previous port experience or with heavy machinery
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in marine engineering, mechanical engineering, or a related field.
- Health Insurance
- Mobile Allowance
- Performance & Company Bonus
Job Reference: UO733
Engineering Jobs in Malta involve the production, preparation, alteration and repair of structures. Jobs in engineering include civil engineering, electrical engineering, environmental, general, maintenance engineering, mechanic, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, quality assurance, quality control, R&D, structural engineering, technical, technician and telecoms roles.