A job as an Assistant Quality Manager is now open. Reporting to the Quality Manager, your main job responsibilities will include:-
- Assisting to ensure Quality Control and Assurance processes are being adhered to, in order to meet customer requirements and designated standards
- Directing and managing employees in assigned activities, reviews, evaluating performance and participating in development and training to ensure continuous quality control and customer compliance
- Be actively involved in Supplier Quality function for all incoming raw materials by developing robust specifications for Supplier Ratings and Supplier Audits
- Working with external Suppliers on quality-related and material improvement issues, including visits to supplier premises when deemed necessary for meetings and audits
- Supporting in customer complaint investigation, root cause analysis and resolution
- Assisting in the improvement of Quality systems and SOP’s when required
- Advising appropriate management of problems and progress in the area of responsibility and providing support for business proposal activity related to the area of responsibility
- Manages projects related to quality improvement and supplier relations utilizing customer required formats using different techniques
Education and Experience:
- A Degree level of education in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- A minimum of 4 years experience in a similar role within the manufacturing industry is a must
- Having a Six Sigma Green Belt certification is seen as an asset
- Must possess and be able to apply a broad knowledge of Quality principles, practices and procedures with a good understanding of quality approaches
- Knowledge of ISO 9001 is a must and preferably of other standards like ISO14001
- Having knowledge of including Kaizen, Lean Manufacturing, FMEAs, and Supplier Quality Assurance will be considered an asset
- Excellent communicator, proactive and target driven.
- Proficiency in English language is a must.
- Hold excellent organisational and people management skills ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Possess the ability to motivate and lead a team to achieve results.
Our client is an established multinational, manufacturing company based in Malta.
Job Reference Code: NC326
Engineering Jobs in Malta involve the production, preparation, alteration and repair of structures. Jobs in engineering include civil engineering, electrical engineering, environmental, general, maintenance engineering, mechanic, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, quality assurance, quality control, R&D, structural engineering, technical, technician and telecoms roles.