Our Client, focusing on civil engineering projects is looking for an Architect/Structural Engineer to join their growing team. Reporting to the Directors, your responsibilities will include:
- Assign work to Architect Assistants. Support Architects/Engineers and Architect Assistants in their project tasks and check the work prepared, where necessary.
- Research, program, plan, design, and administer projects for clients, applying knowledge of architectural design/structural engineering, construction detailing, construction procedures, zoning, and building codes, and building materials and systems.
- Assist in the preparation of feasibility, planning, valuations, and other documentation, as required, including contributing to the preparation of proposal submissions.
- Perform and/or direct material and building system research and participate in the co-ordination and preparation of project specifications.
- Provide technical input as required, prepare reports of a technical nature for submission to the appropriate authorities/clients and carry out follow-up actions.
- Conduct desktop and field research, prepare estimates of works and Bills of Quantities.
- Prepare structural calculations/architectural detailing.
- Formulate work plans and recommend work prioritisation. Co-operate with and advise the client and the relevant contractors on technical matters and time frames.
- Assist site construction team and contractors by advising on architectural/structural issues and responding to queries throughout the construction stage.
- Evaluate and certify the work undertaken and the correctness of the amount due and that the work complies with the relevant contract provisions.
- Any other work which may be required in the role of Senior Architect/Structural Engineer.
The nature of work may require occasional presence on weekends and holidays
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Accredited and recognized degree in architecture/structural engineering
- Warrant to practice as a Perit in Malta
- Proficiency in use of AutoCAD, Office Suite, SketchUp and Photoshop
- Proven experience running a number of sites concurrently
- Will involve working outdoors and at height
Education & Experience
- A Degree in Conservation is desirable for the Senior Architect Role
- Minimum 3 years post-warrant experience
- Competent in 3D modelling
- Car Allowance
- Mobile Allowance
- Performance Bonus
Job Reference: SR860
Engineering Jobs in Malta involve the production, preparation, alteration and repair of structures. Jobs in engineering include civil engineering, electrical engineering, environmental, general, maintenance engineering, mechanic, mechanical engineering, mechatronics, quality assurance, quality control, R&D, structural engineering, technical, technician and telecoms roles.