Our client, leading in Microsoft software implementations, is looking for a Senior Data & Analytics Solution Architect, architecting, designing and implementing large-scale Data Platform, Business Intelligence (BI) and Analytics solutions for their clients.
- Architecting and overall end-to-end design, deployment and delivery of Azure Data Platforms, across Data Lakes, Data Warehouses, Data Lakehouses, pipelines, Databricks, BI and Data Analytics solutions;
- Presales, estimating and proposal writing, responding to RFPs;
- Remaining up to date in new and emerging technologies;
- Working with clients to develop data technology strategy and roadmaps, and plan delivery;
- Oversight and support of delivery team outputs;
- Data modelling, design, and build;
- Infrastructure as Code delivery;
- Enforcing technical architecture and documentation standards, policies and procedures;
- Analysing, implementing, and resolving issues with existing Azure Data Platforms;
- Working with business experts and customers to understand business needs, and translate business requirements into reporting and data analytics functionality;
- Assisting in scoping, estimation and task planning for assigned projects;
- Following the project work plans to meet functionality requirements, project objectives and timelines;
- Addressing customer queries and issues in a timely manner;
- Providing mentoring and hands on guidance to other team members, accurate and complete technical architectural documents.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Experience working with Azure: Synapse Analytics, Databricks, Data Lake Storage Gen2, SQL Database, Data Factory, DevOps, Stream Analytics, Blob storage, Cosmos DB, ARM templates;;
- 3 years of experience in a similar role;
- Experience working with: Microsoft Power BI, Azure Purview, Infrastructure as Code approaches and implementations, development approaches such as CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code approaches and implementations, development approaches such as CI/CD, Azure DevOps;
- Knowledge of Master Data Management and Data Governance frameworks;
- Strong communication and collaboration skills as well as analytical thinking and problem-solving skills, customer-service oriented, being able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment;
- Willing to travel across the UK and abroad;
- Feel comfortable working with OLAP technology and the Microsoft on-premises BI Stack (SSIS/SSRS/SSAS);
- Plus: Common Data Models/Industry Data Models/Synapse Analytics Database templates and knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics 365 products, the Common Data Service (CDS) and the Microsoft Power Platform.
Education & Experience
Graduate-level education in Computer Science or a relevant field, formal training and/or certification on related technologies is highly valued.
- Business travel allowances;
- Medical insurance for you and your family.
Job Reference: MT332