A locally based IT Solutions company with international operations is looking to employ a Head of Data Science & Analytics in Malta. For the technology leader who wants to have a fundamental influence on the trajectory of a fast-growth company, this is the opportunity of a lifetime!
Responsibilities would include:
- Working closely with the Chief Officer Technology & Projects, you will plan manpower annually and build a case for additional resources
- To ensure the technology & projects group of the company have adequate skills and certifications
- Driving the necessary training investments across the organization
- On-boarding new staff into their respective/virtual teams and act as an architect for projects in your respective units
- You may work directly on projects, including potentially supporting other service lines as and when needed
- As the business grows you will assist in the plan for virtual teams to grow into “hard” teams.
- Ensure your teams are at the cutting edge of analytics and data science
- Support the sales team in pre-sales technical activities and POCs
- Support the marketing team in content and blog development and producing articles that will, in turn, drive the company forward as a thought leader in data science
Education & Experience:
- Hold a Degree in IT, Business Analytics, Statistics, Data or equivalent
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a management level as a leader in data and science projects
- Solid experience with tools such as SQL, R, Python, Tableau, Qlik, power bi or Talend and others. Demonstrable familiarity with code and programming concepts
- Have strong project management experience
- Certifications in ITIL, Prince2 or PMP would be highly advantageous
- Excellent communication skills in English
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Everywhere you go, you can’t help but mobilize people, build things, solve problems
- You are insatiable at doing and driving objectives to completion
- Be comfortable executing with little oversight and be able to adapt to problems quickly
- Able to work as a leader in a virtual team environment with cross-trained personnel from multiple teams.
About the company:
The company recruiting for the vacancy of Head of Data Science & Analytics in Malta is with an established IT Solutions company based in Malta servicing a large industry of enterprise-level clients.