A company focusing on AI Solutions is currently looking to recruit 20 data scientists based in Malta. Your position within the company will complement the customers' vision, expertise, intelligence and better decision-making for their business. This will involve you working on all facets of data science, machine learning and deep learning. Your main role would be:
- Applying non-traditional approaches to large scale analysis of unstructured data in support of high-value use cases
- Exuberate technical and computational skills coupled with the ability to code, design, develop and deploy sophisticated applications using advanced unstructured and semi-structured data analysis techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets and extract additional insights.
- Capture technical metadata through data modelling tools.
- Mining and analysing data from company databases to drive optimisation and improvement of product development with consistent end-user feedback or higher stakeholders with the help of seniors.
- Developing a testing framework to ensure continuous enhancement and bug-free solutions wherever possible.
- Interact at a confident and competent level with functional analysts, project managers, ETL developers, and end-users regarding data needs
- Work with structured and unstructured data to prepare in-depth analysis, including the normalization of data to ensure consistent inputs
- Developing accuracy metrics on the client dataset to highlight inconsistencies in terms of information extraction.
- Support the agile software development lifecycle with minimum senior-level support.
- Document all scripts used for extracting/ processing data
- Exposure to full-stack software development methodology to facilitate smooth data-driven application/ product development.
- Apply best practices and standard operating procedures
Skill-sets and Requirements
- 0-2 years experience for the Junior role, 2-4 years experience for the mid-level role, and 4+ years experience for the senior role.
- Proficiency in writing code in Python (expert level production-ready code) but enjoy learning new technologies
- You have a solid understanding of distributed systems and deployed services in AWS
- Ability to come up with creative solutions and quickly prototype them
- Strong understanding of machine learning methods (unsupervised, supervised, semi-supervised)
- Work with unstructured data, either text or images, solving challenging problems of automatically detecting problematic data in scanned files/documents.
- Previous working knowledge in the Financial Domain is a plus
- Proven history working on text classifier or image classifiers/models is a huge advantage
- Practical knowledge in at least one of the frameworks like Tensorflow/ Keras / PyTorch is a must.
- Working knowledge of the python web frameworks like Django / Flask
- Familiarity with OCR technologies and information retrieval tasks from huge unstructured datasets
- Software engineering background, e.g., you have a Computer Science background, or software engineering working experience
- Able to work independently and as a team, and drive a project from its inception to the finish line on strict deadlines
Education & Experience
Minimum a bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field
Job Reference: IN502