Our client is looking for a Data Operations Engineer to join their growing team. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Administer highly-available database server clusters as well as standard BI tools, ensuring optimal performance, capacity management, reliability, secure access, smooth release management replication, backups and recovery plans;
- Help drive the evolution of the existing BI infrastructure to the next level, using BI cutting-edge technology.
- Provide advice and expertise to other departments related to database schemas, queries, BI tools and performance optimization;
- Write database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the operational data dictionary.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Knowledge of MySql, Microsoft SQL Servers and BI Suite (ETL and Data Analysis tools)
- Knowledge of Percona tools and Mongo will be considered and asset
- Expertise in optimizing Schemas, SQL tuning and ETL pipelines together with excellent troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of UNIX, Application servers, scripting languages such as Bash and Python and Infrastructure automation tools like Puppet and Ansible are all additional assets for the post
Education & Experience
A B.Sc. in IT or equivalent qualification
Assistance relocating to Malta, Flexible working hours, Full health insurance coverage, Annual wellness stipend for sports equipment or gym memberships, Free-flowing, healthy snacks at the Malta office location, Professional training and development opportunities, Paid maternity and paternity leave, Social events and activities to connect and unwind
Job Reference: CG460