As a Data Engineer, you will play a vital role in collaborating as part of a cross-functional agile to create and enhance data ingestion pipelines, address big data challenges and build business-critical products using a variety of cutting-edge tools.
Here, you will take a leading role in the selection of data technologies adopted, the architecture, and the development of the data pipelines across the ecosystem. You will also be responsible for exposing data from a central location with the aim of making it easy for integration, BI, reports, analytics, and other data consumers to build data-driven solutions, features and insights.
Your main responsibilities:
- Own the data technology stack, its design, development, and operation throughout.
- Lead the implementation process of the data platforms to be adopted by the business.
- Do regular assessments to maintain the quality and keep the technology up to date across industry standards.
- Develop automated data pipelines required from the broad operational systems into the data warehouse.
- Develop a sound data architectural model to support the growth strategy of the business.
- Using data analytics platforms, help develop reports and real-time dashboards required to understand the performance of the various insights and forecasts.
- Support and data-related queries and investigate any data quality issues which might be raised from time to time.
- Working on Proof of Concept for selected technologies that are yet to be adopted.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Already have hands-on experience in such a role.
- Extensive experience in using cloud-based data warehouse.
- Knowledge in either Python, Java and/or Scala.
- Experience in SQL, SSIS, PowerBI, Azure will be considered an asset.
Education & Experience
A degree in Information Technology or similar.
- Performance bonus
- Health insurance
- Free parking
- Gym allowance
- A great team culture
- Hybrid-work model
- Flexible hours
Job Reference: XS321