Our client, a lead packaging manufacturing company is seeking to recruit an Industrial Packaging Designer to join its current Product Design & Development team.
The Industrial Product Designer shall be responsible for taking a leadership role in highly technical packaging design-related projects to support the company's strategic business goals. Positive team engagement and motivation is a primary focus of this role.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Using software, design complete packaging solutions to meet client requirements for design aesthetic, manufacturability, and operational-readiness
- Reviewing/Approving peer technical and artwork drawings, SOPs, and test reports
- Working with team members and managers to prioritize projects and workload
- Meeting with customers to sell design capabilities and custom solutions
- Providing design-related sales support
- Guiding team members throughout creative sessions to kick off new initiatives
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Knowledge of packaging material design for manufacturing/tooling will be preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Pro)
- Able to work under pressure and reach deadlines
- Be a team player and possess good decision-making skills
- Be meticulous, highly organized and competent at multi-tasking
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, Maltese is preferred
Education & Experience
- A Bachelors degree in Product development or related field
- 3+ Years experience in design
- Basic knowledge of packaging standards (ISTA, TAPPI, ASTM) will be preferred
Job Reference: BR919
Creative & Design Jobs in Malta entails the creation and production of content related to arts, business, culture and technology. Creative & Design jobs within this sector include architecture, audio visual, design, fashion design, graphic design, industrial design, web design and interior design jobs.