Our client, one of the world’s leading companies in the design and manufacture of banknotes, is currently recruiting for a Director of Design. The responsibilities of the role include:
- Leading a multi-national, multi-functional Design across sites in at least three countries.
- Building an effective network of trusted client and industry relationships
- Representing the business at conferences, trade organisations, customer engagements and training sessions
- Developing design projects with clients that have clear alignment on all deliverables and requirements
- Developing design solutions that meet the needs of the client, whilst also improving manufacturing efficiency and achieving wider business objectives.
- Interpreting abstract business concepts and client briefs, turning these into creative solutions and communicating these clearly to different teams
- Delivering banknote design projects for clients; ensuring that the projects are resourced and delivered on time and within budget, whilst exceeding client expectations and contract specifications
- Taking a holistic approach to delivering for clients, working closely with internal stakeholders to bring the full capabilities of the business in at the right point to ensure client satisfaction.
- Sharing knowledge and experience with clients, by leading training and advisory engagements that educate, inform and help clients to achieve exceptional results.
- Identifying and following through on continuous improvement opportunities within the design team and for the wider business
- Advocating for the importance and power of design with clients and within the business.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- At least 8 years management experience & 4 years senior design experience
- Ability to resolve complex design and communication issues. Negotiation skills.
- Understanding of all processes involved in the design & manufacture of banknotes
- Fluent English is required, with other languages desirable.
- First class collaboration and communication skills.
- Excellent leadership, organization, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and teams simultaneously
- Ability to engage digitally with clients and enthusiasm for international travel.
Education & Experience
- A bachelor's degree in the field of Art & Design or related discipline.
- An MBA or similar would also be desirable
Job Reference: EA979
Creative & Design Jobs in Malta entails the creation and production of content related to arts, business, culture and technology. Creative & Design jobs within this sector include architecture, audio visual, design, fashion design, graphic design, industrial design, web design and interior design jobs.