One of our clients, a multidisciplinary professional services firm are looking to recruit a Senior Risk and Compliance Officer to join their team.
- The successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring the firms adherence to ISQC 1
- Implementation of policies and procedures promoting an internal culture of quality of engagement
- Ensuring implementation and maintenance of regulatory compliance control on all service lines.
- Ensuring the firm and it's personnel comply with the relevant ethical requirements
- Ensuring the firm and it's personnel maintain independence when required
- Identifying, evaluating and eliminating circumstances which are a threat to independence
- Ensuring acceptance and continuance of client relationships and specific engagements (ethical requirements and integrity of the clients)
- Recognising areas within an organisation which could prove vulnerable with regard to prevailing regulations
- Implementing a process for monitoring confidentiality, safe custody, integrity, accessibility and retrievability of engagement documentation.
- Monitoring the firms overall quality control policies and procedures
- Guiding junior team members and coordinating work to ensure efficiency
- Investigating and maintaining appropriate reporting systems
- Responding to legal queries from governing boards or regulatory authorities
- Developing a compliance communication network that is easily accessible to employees
- Providing guidance to internal departments when required
- Working with HR to create awareness programmes among employees
- Communicating and explaining policies internally
- Staying up to date with regards to new regulations and requirements
Education and Experience:
- A minimum of three years previous experience in a similar role
- Previous compliance and risk experience locally within financial services would be preferred
- Previous supervisory or managerial experience would be considered beneficial
- An academic background in law of financial services would be considered an asset
- Fluency in English is an essential requirement of the role
- Fluency in Maltese would be considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to prioritise work and delegate effectively
Corporate Services Jobs in Malta focus on ensuring that companies follow best practices with regards to legal and financial issues. Jobs in corporate services within this sector include corporate administration, corporate executive, due diligence / AML, MLRO, regulatory compliance, residency & citizenship, and yachting & shipping roles.