Our Client is seeking to recruit a Company Secretary to join their team supporting insurance clients. The person should have a sound knowledge of corporate matters and related registry procedures and will be expected to guide the Boards of regulated entities on such matters. The candidate should possess diplomacy, good organizational and time management skills, and be proficient in secretarial, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Report to the chairman and often liaise with board members
- organize and prepare agendas and papers for board meetings, committees, and annual general meetings (AGMs)
- Take minutes, draft resolutions, and lodge required forms and annual returns with the Registry of Companies
- Follow up on actions from meetings
- Oversee policies, making sure they are kept up to date and referred to the appropriate committee for approval
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors and secretaries
- Contribute to meeting discussions as and when required, and advise members of the legal, governance implications of proposed policies
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action
- Liaise with external advisers, such as auditors
Skill-sets and Requirements
At least 3 years' experience in a similar role.
Education & Experience
Candidates should preferably hold a professional qualification or formal training in a relevant area of study
Job Reference: IF864
Corporate Services Jobs in Malta focus on ensuring that companies follow best practices with regards to legal and financial issues. Jobs in corporate services within this sector include corporate administration, corporate executive, due diligence / AML, MLRO, regulatory compliance, residency & citizenship, and yachting & shipping roles.