Our client an integrated real estate developer, investor, and operator with international holdings is seeking to recruit a Company Secretary.
The chosen candidate will be performing the following duties;
- Responsible for the Group’s company secretarial and corporate governance duties in numerous jurisdictions and ensuring that the group remains compliant with all regulatory requirements, especially those related to the Group’s listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange;
- Oversight to ensure that all Group companies comply with all applicable codes, in addition to its legal and statutory requirements; monitor changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and take appropriate action; keeps board members informed of their legal responsibilities;
- Ensure that the Group and other officers of the company discharge their obligations on information disclosure in full compliance with the law and the Stock Exchange regulations;
- Assist the Board with the preparation of required resolutions;
- Ensure policies are kept up to date and approved by the Board committees;
- Maintain statutory books, including registers of members, directors, and secretaries;
- Communicate with shareholders, ensure dividends are paid as declared;
- Liaise with external regulators, lawyers, auditors, banks, third parties, as required;
- Prepare agendas and documentation for board meetings, committees, annual general meetings and follow up on action points;
- Draft minutes and resolutions as required by all companies within the Group;
- Manage the office space and deal with personnel administration and insurance for employees, equipment, and premises.
Skills and Experience;
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a similar role
- Previous experience liaising with regulators
*Fully remote work is possible.*
Corporate Services Jobs in Malta focus on ensuring that companies follow best practices with regards to legal and financial issues. Jobs in corporate services within this sector include corporate administration, corporate executive, due diligence / AML, MLRO, regulatory compliance, residency & citizenship, and yachting & shipping roles.