Our client is seeking an AML Officer to join their team of professionals.
• Carrying out due diligence, risk assessment and compliance checks for new business
• Undertaking periodic reviews and risk assessments of existing client relationships and business
• Providing guidance on the approval of any ‘trigger event’ changes for existing client relationships
• Undertaking periodic reviews of client files
• Undertaking any compliance project work as and when required
• Maintaining all relevant compliance registers and files in line with regulatory requirements
• Dealing with internal and external enquiries in a professional and timely manner
• Ensuring all incidents/breaches/suspicious transactions are identified, recorded and escalated to the MLRO/Compliance Officer
• Working closely with the other team members to provide a coordinated compliance service to the business
• Ensuring compliance with company and other relevant standards/regulations at all times
• Completing any other ad-hoc tasks as directed by the In-House Legal Counsel and Managing Director
Skills & Requirements
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational skills, with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to stay abreast and adapt to new regulatory changes as and when they arise
• Knowledge of anti-money laundering regulations and counter terrorist financing regulations
• Good academic background
• Experience of working to deadlines, multi-tasking and having a pro-active approach is essential for the role
Job Reference: OC210
Given the current situation, kindly note that we are experiencing some delays from employers in their recruitment plans. However, rest assured we are working closely with them to make sure we create the relevant pipeline of candidates for when the time is right. Should you be interested in this vacancy, we encourage you to apply above and would like to thank you in advance for your time, patience and understanding throughout this recruitment process.
Corporate Services Jobs in Malta focus on ensuring that companies follow best practices with regards to legal and financial issues. Jobs in corporate services within this sector include corporate administration, corporate executive, due diligence / AML, MLRO, regulatory compliance, residency & citizenship, and yachting & shipping roles.