In this Quantity Surveyor job, you will be responsible for handling the QS function along the entire project lifecycle. Your main responsibilities will be:
- Analysing and understanding architectural/engineering drawings and specifications
- Managing all costs of projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures
- Handling estimates and quotes while adhering with quantity surveying processes
- Tracking the flow of materials
- Preparing Bills of Quantity (BOQs) and be on site taking measurements
- Actively liaising with different stakeholders - both internally and externally
- Handling extra-contractual claims submitted by contractors whilst participating when needed in discussions with local and foreign firms
Education and Experience
- A relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in a similar role is a must
- A very good command of English is a prerequisite. Knowledge of the Maltese language would also be advantageous.
- Possess a good understanding of Windows and CAD
- Be conscientious and meticulous
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This Quantity Surveyor position is with an established firm in the construction and buildings services industry with a portfolio of local and international clients.
Job Reference Code: QW199
Construction Jobs in Malta are require the design and maintenance of built structures. Jobs in construction include architecture, construction work, draughting, electrical, health & safety, HVAC, installation, M&E, maintenance, plastering, plumbing, project management, structural engineering, surveying and technician roles.