In this Quantity Surveyor job, you will be responsible for handling the QS function along the entire project lifecycle. Working closely with the project manager, your main duties will include:
- Analysing and understanding architectural/engineering drawings and specifications
- Managing all costs of projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures
- Handling estimates and quotes while adhering with quantity surveying processes
- Tracking the flow of materials
- Preparing Bills of Quantity (BOQs) and be on site taking measurements
- Actively liaising with different stakeholders - both internally and externally
- Handling extra-contractual claims submitted by contractors whilst participating when needed in discussions with local and foreign firms
Education and Experience
The vacancy requires:
- A relevant qualification in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
- Previous experience in a similar role is a must
- Holding a EU work permit
- A very good command of English is a prerequisite. Knowledge of the Maltese language would also be advantageous.
- Possess a good understanding of Windows and CAD
- Be conscientious and meticulous
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
This Quantity Surveyor position is with one of the leading companies operating within the construction and building services industry. The company specializes in design, building, construction, waste management as well as scaffolding.
Job Reference Code: KA485
Construction Jobs in Malta are require the design and maintenance of built structures. Jobs in construction include architecture, construction work, draughting, electrical, health & safety, HVAC, installation, M&E, maintenance, plastering, plumbing, project management, structural engineering, surveying and technician roles.