Within this Health and Safety Official job, based in Malta, you will handle periodical inspections of building sites while recording the completion of required actions. Reporting to the Head of Projects, you will:
- Promote good HSE practices and support a drive for change to minimize risks and incidents
- Develop and monitor occupational health and safety policy, programs, and procedures
- Keep abreast with existing company procedure, policies and approved codes of practice and relevant HSE legislation
- Carry out inspections/site visits and supervise activities to ensure conformance to the HSSE procedures, assign tasks as needed and monitoring all actions are taken within a timely manner
- Participate in Internal Audits, Risk Assessments and investigate HSE related incidents
- Follow recommended training and deliver training to other employees and third parties
- Respond to any emergency on the construction sites.
- Research and suggest alternative working systems to ensure continuous improvement and a safer environment for employees
Education and Experience
- A Diploma/Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, or an equivalent qualification such as NEBOSH is a must
- Fluency in both Maltese and English languages
- Valid Driving License
- Previous experience within a similar role in the building services industry is considered an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deliver and achieve effectively under pressure
- A team player with strong persuasion and negotiation skills
This Health and Safety Official job is with one of the leading group in Malta specializing in Building Services.
Job Reference Code: ZS915
Construction Jobs in Malta are require the design and maintenance of built structures. Jobs in construction include architecture, construction work, draughting, electrical, health & safety, HVAC, installation, M&E, maintenance, plastering, plumbing, project management, structural engineering, surveying and technician roles.