Our client, a well known bank in Malta, is currently looking to recruit a Regulatory Compliance Analyst to join their team.
- Monitoring of regulatory developments and identifying, in a timely manner, in-scope legislative changes impacting the Group and ensuring compliance thereof.
- Identifying the obligations and detailed requirements emanating from in-scope legislation, and the relevant business areas that are impacted by such requirements as well as the drivers and level of impact. Communicating such actions for implementation, to the impacted business areas, including timeframes.
- Request, from impacted business areas, an analysis of the current state and identification of gaps with legislation, as well as an implementation plan to address the gaps. Following up to ensure timely adherence to the requirements.
- Providing regulatory interpretation and guidance to the business areas, as required.
- Preparing feedback to consultations issued by the regulatory authorities, according to their relevance to the Group. This requires ongoing communication, regular meetings and collaboration with business owners, and impacted parties as appropriate.
- Participate in internal meetings to provide the required regulatory guidance related to the area of expertise.
- Providing regular updates and reports on the progress of achieving compliance to the team leader and escalating areas of concern for immediate action. Contributing to internal reports for senior management as appropriate.
- Managing escalated breaches in line with the Group Escalation Procedure and internal procedure manual.
- Monitoring and mentoring junior staff within the team as part of their development, providing ongoing feedback in the process.
- Providing training related to the area of expertise with the aim of fostering a compliance culture and communicating key regulatory compliance obligations across the Group.
- Providing support to peers and the rest of the Department in projects and other tasks as they arise in line with the deliverables of the Department.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- 3 to 5 years' previous work experience in a Banking environment with experience in a risk, regulatory compliance or audit function. Proven experience in regulatory change management will be considered as an asset.
- Having excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills and team building qualities.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and keen interest in understanding and learning.
- High standard of written and spoken business English and Maltese.
Education & Experience
In possession of an MQF Level 6 University Degree or a recognised professional qualification related to Law, Banking, Investment Services, Risk or other related field.
Job Reference: EB503