A Compliance Officer position is currently available with a leading specialist law firm.
The chosen individual will report to the MLRO, but would effectively work very closely with Head of Corporate Services and the Partner heading the Italian legal team.
- Ensuring that the company is compliant with all applicable AML and CFT regulations relevant to a law firm, a company services provider and a licensed trustee and foundation administrator.
- Identify, create and maintain the company's policies and procedures to ensure compliance with the AML and CFT regulations
- Drafting and compiling all reports or statistical data which the company is required to prepare in terms of applicable AML and CFT regulations and for presenting them to the Board or the MLRO as applicable within the stipulated deadlines.
- Proactively assess, review and report to the Board and other stakeholders internally on any gaps in the company's AML and CFT practices, including the absence of any KYC required to be up to date and on file.
- Proactively monitor, assess, review and report to the Board or MLRO on any upcoming regulatory changes and any related risks on an international basis which might have an effect on the company.
- Create a system which is logical, reasonable and straightforward for clients to provide the company with all KYC documentation required to be held by the company and to supervise the implementation and efficacy of any such systems.
- Provide day to day support to all internal and external stakeholders
- Perform any advisory or research work, including preparing and delivering training, which will fall within their professional competences.
- Use the professional network, both locally and internationally, to facilitates the company's business, by assisting where possible with maintaining, developing or fostering relationships with third parties.
- Performing ad-hoc AML projects as may be required from time to time.
Skill-sets and Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years experience handling compliance tasks as outlined in the job description.
- Be proficient in written and spoken English & Maltese
- Attentive to detail
- Can work on his/her own with minimum supervision
Education & Experience
Professional qualification or relevant training relating to AML, CDD, Governance Risk and Compliance.
Job Reference: JA485